Monday, April 18, 2011

Teens and Sex

I can remember when I was young and whatever I seen on TV. I would go back and try to imitate what I just seen. It could be anything from seen Michael Jordan free throw line slam dunk, to seeing the dance moves on a new video. So does watching sex on television influence teens' sexual activity? Yes absolutely. Television has a huge influence on the decision young teens make. So when they see the new Beyonce video with half of clothes and the way she is dancing with a guy in her video, young people see that as the  new style and thinks it is cool. For instance, in my senior of high school, there was a “Talent Show.” There was a group of girls, who were performing a song from Rihanna. A minute into the performance even start performed they were disqualified because they were wearing a piece of thread (no clothes). This was in response to the music video, they were influenced by the video, and tried to imitate with seen. However, the more television companies continue to show the highly sexual content music video, shows and movie, the more teens will follow up on what is being shown. Also a side note, some of the words that comes out mouth of famous singers and rappers influence teens sexuality. For example, I hear some artist say terms such as: “doggy style,” “missionary.” When teens hear this there response will be, “hey that sound cool, I want to see if so” now are they influenced?  

No comments:

Post a Comment